Wednesday, October 3, 2012

James and Maria's Wedding Part 2: Cocktail Hour and Personalized Details

In case you missed James and Maria's ceremony, catch up here. These two put blood sweat and tears into their wedding, and it really showed from start to finish.
http://www.eastwindlongisland.com

After I checked into my amazing room at the EastWind Inn & Spa, I quickly changed and headed over to the cocktail hour with my in-laws, and 4 of our friends. We arrived for cocktail hour and had a plethora of food options before us. Somehow, I was running around the whole cocktail hour, I don't even know what I was doing, but I hardly got any pictures of the great food!! Total blogging fail :(

I did get one picture of this great spread. I had beet salad (one of my favoritest things ever), cheeses, seafood salad, the freshest blackberries and raspberries I've ever seen, pasta, and I hear there were mini sliders (but I got distracted and forgot to try them):

The couple had picked three signature drinks and each one had a cuter name than the last:

  • Honeymoon Helper
    Malibu Rum, Midori Sour, Vodka, Pineapple Juice, Sprite, Sugared Rim
  • Altered State
    Captain Morgan Rum, Orange Juice, Lemon Juice, Ginger Ale
  • The Eternitini
    Pomegranate Liqueur, Vodka, Pink Grapefruit Juice, Lemon Wedge, Sugared Rim
Kerry and I opted for the Eternitini for starters. It was shortly after we got our drinks that we discovered we were wearing the exact same bracelet (a gift from her when I was bridesmaid in her wedding), the exact same shoes, and almost wore the exact same dress. We didn't plan a single aspect of that...so, we're obviously twins now!
I got to know this pretty lady, Danielle, at Maria's bachelorette party. I think I'll always remember looking over at the stage where the band was playing at Jenk's Bar and seeing her up there front and center dancing next to the lead singer!
We then entered for the reception. I'll recap the full reception tomorrow because I have a TON of pictures, but first, I want to highlight some of their special elements. We grabbed our placecards from the table in the main entrance to the building.
Above the mantle in the main lobby was a sign with their last name and wedding date. I'm contemplating purchasing a sign like this for myself now...with our last name of course ;)

Each place at the table had a menu card, where we had a choice of Grilled New York Sirloin, Chicken Papu, Fillet of Salmon, Petite Veal Chops Milanese, Portabella Napoleon or Pasta Primavera Grill. After our caesar salad and penne alla vodka, we were served our main entree. Chris ordered the sirloin and I ordered the chicken papu and both were really great!
The centerpieces were simple but elegant and fit in perfectly with the ambiance of the room. The table numbers were written over various song lyrics to love songs.

At each seat were also little favor boxes. These were filled with two of the most amazing chocolate truffles I think I've ever tasted. I'm not going to lie....at the end of the night, some of the people at our table had forgotten to take their favor boxes. I swooped up as many as I could grab and probably left with about 6 of these boxes stuffed in my purse. I'm so that girl. But I'm glad I did because we had truffles to enjoy for the rest of the week!
James and Maria's sweetheart table with MR. and MRS. signs

Maria and her Maid of Honor, Joanna, made the card-box a few days before the wedding! There's their personalized name sign again!

The cake had a beautiful white cascading flower, and was positioned near their sweetheart table until it was time to cut the cake.

The room had a long, large dance floor which fit everyone perfectly and comfortably. Their DJ also had a live drummer play along with the songs! I have heard of this option with DJ's before, but never saw it in actual practice. It really added to the excitement and energy of the room. More on that tomorrow!

Next Up: The Reception!!

6 comments:

K said...

Where did she get that sign? I think I need one too!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

The sign is from Etsy.com, it's a great place to find unique things. Just search for wedding signs and a ton of makers come up.

Laura said...

Thanks Matt, yes Etsy is great and there are a ton of options for signs like these on there!

HiLLjO said...

Wooo look at that CAKE!!!

Mom said...

So you and Kerry have exquisite taste. That's why you dress alike. Their reception looks like it was perfect!