I don't typically do these but Lexi at Home Sweet Hossier granted me an award last week and I have decided to officially partake in this "Liebster Award"
- Each Person must post 11 things about themselves
- You Must answer the questions the tagger sets for you plus create eleven questions for the people you've tagged to answer
- Choose 11 upcoming bloggers and link them in your post
- Go to their blog and let them know you've nominated them
- No Tag Backs
11 Things About ME
- I grew up right outside Allentown, Pennsylvania, but now I live in Queens, NY. My high school looks like the Millenium Falcon
- When I started dating my now husband, Chris, I distinctly remember saying to my roommate "Yea...we're dating, but it's not like I'm going to marry him or anything!"
- I live two blocks away from my in-laws, who moved out to a new place and Chris and I took over their house, the same place he's lived since he was 5. I was nervous about it at first, but it was a great decision for us and it feels like "our home"
- I used to be incredibly shy and I refused to perform in my pre-school graduation ceremony. The only way my parents could get me to go get my diploma from my teachers was by threatening not to take me to Chuck E. Cheese's afterward. It's amazing the things this girl will do for pizza.
- While I'm on the subject: I once got caked in the face by Chuck E. Cheese himself. When I had my first grade birthday party there, Chuck E.-the-mouse came over to greet me and my friends. In an attempt to be funny, he pretended to steal my piece of cake. Well...good old Chuck wasn't so used to his huge costumed hands and lost grip of the plate, effectively caking me in the face. On my Birthday. I've kinda held a grudge against him ever since.
- I'm allergic to Peppers (red, yellow, green) and olives. I can't properly digest them and will be writhing in pain for hours after eating them. I've only discovered and/or developed this in the past 5 years, and I've learned it the hard way.
- The first time I ever got really drunk was my freshman year of college. I fainted from dehydration the next day during choir practice. My knees locked and I fell face first onto the floor in front of my choir director. I had a huge bump on my head and two black eyes for weeks!
- Whenever I see someone crying in real life situations (which means on a reality show or actually in person) I instantly begin to cry, too. I can't help it, and it doesn't matter what it's about, or who it is. But if I see someone cry who's acting in a movie or a tv show, I only sometimes cry.
- Two years ago I got a cut on my leg during a training run for a half marathon. The scar didn't go away for a year, and it started really hurting me while I was on my honeymoon. I saw a dermatologist about it and he cut out and removed an actual piece of rock that had been lodged into my leg for a year! I still, and probably always will, have a scar.
- I've been playing the piano since I was 9 and I now have piano students of my own
Here are Lexi's questions for me, answered below:
- Do you prefer painting or coloring? I prefer coloring because that implies that there is already an outline available and I just have to fill it in. I cannot paint or do anything free-hand to save my life!!
- If you were choosing your last meal ever, what would be on the menu? Pizza, pizza, and oreos
- What is your guilty pleasure TV show? BRAVO TV! I'm obsessed with all the housewives shows, (Except Atlanta) I love Bethenny Frankel's shows, The Soup, and I've also recently gotten into Dance Moms, and Pregnant in Heels.
- If you could trade places with one reality TV star, who would it be? Bethenny Frankel. Come on..she's amazeballs. Works hard, has earned every bit of money she's worked hard to get, has an adorable daughter, and amazingly cute husband. I've read all her books, DVR'd her talk show this summer, and pretty much love her.
- What would you do with ten million dollars? First, I would donate some to an animal shelter. Since adopting Zoey, I've felt much more philanthropic toward animal rescue organizations. But THEN: I'd buy a vacation house right on the beach for my family and future family. I'd get my teeth whitened and I'd get electrolysis on my eyebrows, so I don't have to go threading every two weeks, and my legs and armpits (think of the time I'd save in the shower!) And I'd vacation to a glass bottom hut on the water in Bora Bora.
- What is your biggest pet peeve? When people make hypocritical statements
- Favorite place on the planet? My initial thought was Disney World...but, I have an intense soft-spot for the beaches in Delaware (Bethenny/Rehobeth/Dewey) Whether it was vacationing with my friend, Mandy's, family for many summers, or vacationing with my own family after college graduation when they rented a house and we had friends come and go all week while we were there. Or taking my first trip with friends after H.S. graduation (without adult supervision!!), we drove around town blasting JC Chavez "Blowing Me Up With Her Love" looking for annnny clubs that would take our unde-21-non-fake-idea-bearing selves (we didn't find any by the way). I love Grotto Pizza, the boardwalks, the outlet shopping, the nightlife. I wish Delaware was closer, because they truly are my favorite beach towns of all time.
- Favorite food that you never make for yourself? Sushi! who has the time?!
- Cake or Pie? CAKE
- Sweet or Salty? SWEET! I have an intense sweet tooth
- What would your Super Power be? I would like to be Fitness Woman - She's the fittest woman in the world without having to actually work out!!
- What is your favorite movie?
- If you could redo High School or college, which would you rather do over again?
- Where is your favorite place to vacation?
- Are you working in the field you always thought you'd be working?
- Are you allergic to anything?
- What is/would be the #1 thing to do on your bucket list?
- What is your guilty pleasure tv show?
- What is your favorite restaruant?
- Do you prefer the city or the country?
- What's the last vacation you went on?
- Cats or Dogs?
Now, here are the lovely lady-bloggers I follow and hereby pass the Liebster award onto!
Heather at High Heels and Flip-Flops
Megan at Butterfly Dreams and Things
Kristina @ Pretty Rambles
I should note: No big deal if you don't want to do this on your blog, just wanted to share the love!