Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Ashley and Greg's Wedding Part II

After the ceremony and cocktail hour for Ashley and Greg, we walked into the reception room at the New Haven Lawn Club, which was beautifully decorated and just plain beautiful!

The bride and groom were announced and they shared their first dance to "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri.
We then heard from the Maid of Honor and Best Man
When the speeches were over, we were treated to a special performance by the bride herself! Ashley is a natural performer and Chris and I saw her sing and act many times while we were at Wagner College together. She sang an adorable song called "Sorta Love Song" by Paul Loessel and Scott Burkell. Paul Loessel was the person who helped facilitate Greg's proposal to Ashley on the stage of the Broadway Musical, Wicked.

See Ashley perform her whole song here!

While this was going on we were served salads followed by a lemon sorbetto intermezzo!!


Then we were served our meal. I ordered the Thyme Maple Glazed Chicken with Crispy Sweet Potato, Blue Cheese, and Herbs, Saute of Applewood Lardon and Garlic Spinach, with Smokey Green Onion Deep Red Sauce. Can we say amazing?? Chris got the steak which I forgot to take a picture of.
After a bit of dancing, it was time for the cake cutting. I loved this simple and elegant cake with the peach satin ribbon, flower icing, and simple Monogram "A" for their cake topper. As you know, I've been to a lot of weddings, and I usually don't like to proclaim anyone as having "the best" of something. But...I'm gonna break my rule this time and announce that this was the BEST wedding cake I've ever tasted. Hands down, no contest, the BEST. If I hadn't had my wedding yet, I would order my cake from here...even if I had to pay extra to ship it from Connecticut. Ashley ordered it from Fusion Bakery in Middletown, Connecticut, and it was strawberry with Italian butter cream. YUM!
But they didn't stop there. No...Ashley and Greg had a cupcake table!! Flavors included: Limoncello, chocolate, red velvet, vanilla and carrot cake.
 
 And just when I thought it couldn't get any better than that....this happened:
A shot glass of milk with the softest, warmest, most amazing chocolate chip cookie ever.
I died and went to sweet-tooth heaven.
While all the sweet-tooth satisfying madness was happening, Greg and his mom danced to "How Sweet It Is" by James Taylor.
 
And Ashley and her father danced to "My Girl" by the Temptations.
 
Then Ashley did the Bouquet Toss:
The garter toss...a fun and tastefully done tradition:
I'm not sure what the odds are of this happening...but the Best Man caught the bouquet (standing off to the side) and his WIFE caught the garter (also standing off to the side!) It certainly made for some funny memories for them.

And once all of that was done, what was left to do? We dance and take pictures of course!!


As we left, there was a basket of pink ribbon cookies with a small note that a donation was made to Susan G. Komen For The Cure to help fight breast cancer.

Congratulations to Greg and Ashley! We are so happy and excited for you both!

As I mentioned yesterday, Greg is the co-founder and CTO of UnTappd, the social networking app for beer drinkers and lovers. For more information, and to download the app, visit the website here.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I love her song! She is super talented, and that is such a creative wedding idea! I love that they made a donation via their favors, too.

Mom said...

I love the cake too. It was so classy looking. Ashley's performance must have been the highlight of the reception-followed by all those desserts of course!

eliz said...

Oh my yummmy cupcakes..and I really liked her favors! Great idea!