Last week, I came upon a blog and was very inspired by her D-I-Y details, specifically her monogram, which she highlights here. I soon decided to get to work on creating my own! I started out trying to do this in Powerpoint, but after finding this "how-to" website, I was able to do it much more easily in Word. After a few hours of playing around, and downloading a free "Chopin Script" font, I finally came up with these results!:
Here it is with color:
The website above helped me with its step-by-step guide, but was slightly confusing. Here's my guide, using Word 2007.
1. Open Microsoft Word
2. Choose Insert - Textbox
3. Type and format the letter the way you like. I downloaded the font "Chopin Script" from 1001fonts.com.
4. Do that again two more times for the other wording, or letters, you prefer to use.
5. While holding down the CTRL key, click on all three textboxes to highlight them.
6. Go to Format - Text Box Style - Shape Fill - No Fill
7. Go to Format - Text Box Style - Shape Outlines - No Outline
8. Select all letters again, while holding down the SHIFT key. Still holding SHIFT, right click anywhere on the letters. Select "Grouping" then "Group". Now, the image is all locked together.
9. Highlight the image, and hit COPY.
10. Paste it into PAINT, where you can crop it down to the size you want. "Save As" a JPG and there is your image!
This took me several attempts to get right, and was a bit confusing. However, once I got it down, it was really simple! Now, I need your help with one thing:
I want to add this to some things for the wedding (i.e. program, or menu card or something), does anyone have any ideas how to get rid of the white background here so that I can insert JUST the text into a document? Would I need photoshop to do that?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!