Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wednesday's Wedding Poll and Storymix Media

http://storymixmedia.com/

I recently came across an awesome website and service called My Flip Wedding from Storymix Media. Everyone constantly tells me our day will fly by before I know it and will be done in the blink of an eye, and this makes me sad to think about. I've always been a "documenter." In High School, I was always the one with the camera, and video camera. If anyone ever forgot to bring their camera somewhere they thought "Oh that's ok, Laura will have hers". This has been even more true as I attend all my friend's weddings. I have documented and video recorded everyone's wedding to the best of my non-professional ability. I have all my friend's entrances, cake-cuttings, first dances, etc., to have on hand for slideshows, scrapbooks, and general memories. But this leads me to one question: Will anyone do that for me at my wedding? I realize that not everyone is as crazy about documenting as I am, so I can't honestly expect others to be as crazy as me about capturing every moment.

When we picked our photographer, we added on a basic videography package with our booking. But unfortunately, I have to say this was a decision based purely on getting a fair price for what it was, not about quality of product. I got the sense that Déjà Vu does not take their videography very seriously, and was not impressed by their video samples. I told myself that any documentation...was good documentation, sucked it up, and went on my way.
Source
But then I heard about My Flip Wedding from Storymix Media. Storymix has a unique service designed for wedding couples. They supply Flip cams for 3 day usage by your friends, family, guests, and even you to shoot footage the whole weekend. After the wedding, you simply send the cameras back, they upload the footage to an online account, and you get to personalize what's included by picking the scenes and adding captions and titles!! Then they professionally edit it into an amazing 15-20 minute highlight movie on DVD based on one of 10 themes you choose. For a control freak like me, who also likes to have creative input in the final product, this was a dream come true! This would finally allow me to have some video footage first-hand from our guests and friends!

Besides the fact that we can get a great video keepsake to enjoy for the rest of our lives, the prices are really fabulous. Packages start at only $99.99. With My Flip Wedding there's no reason any couple can't capture their big day on video. Plus, with the cameras in the hands of your friends and family, you know you'll be saving the fun, personal, and intimate moments that you really want to see, especially since you won't be able to experience them all first hand.

And do you know just how lucky I am?! Storymix Media provided us with a coupon to use their product for our wedding!! After we get back from the honeymoon, I'll do another review to let you know how everything went but I can't wait to share my video with you all when it's done! For now, check out a sample from another wedding that used My Flip Wedding:


You can view other samples here, and be sure to check out the Storymix blog which has awesome tips for getting great photos and videos from your wedding.

Are/Did you having/have a videographer for your wedding?








18 comments:

Mom said...

No videographer. Didn't exist back in the day and I'm not even sure I spelled the word right! That is soooo cool that you are able to do this. How do you edit 3 days down to 20 minutes though? I wouldn't want to be in charge of that task. Getting closer to the big day!!!!

sandytoesbride said...

I would want more than 20 minutes! haha, but for control freaks, this is great :-)

HiLLjO said...

We based our photographer choice on price, too! I was so worried that she would be able to capture it how I want but I realized as long as we communicate thouroughly with her, it's going to be awesome.

I love your idea! We also lucked out in the videographer department. Ours is a friend who films all the stuff for U of Nebraska so he has hi-def stuff, too! Otherwise, I woud have totally had a My Flip Wedding film.

Tiffany said...

I love your wedding polls. I just had to get that out there. But I would really like to have a video but it's currently not in the budget. But now it could be a possibility because I'm going to look into this option right away. It might just be the solution I need.

Heather said...

Wow! What an awesome service! This is one case where I definitely think you should also post this to Weddzilla so that our readers can learn about it. We hired an up-and-coming videographer who gave us a great deal. Our video isn't a cinematic masterpiece, but he did a good job capturing the key moments of the day.

Mike said...

Thanks Laura for the great post. We're really excited to help create a magical keepsake for you to enjoy forever.

For those curious how we turn all the footage into a 20 minute video, that's why we're pros! 20 minutes doesn't sound like a long time, but it is usually more than enough to include all the best moments. Plus, if you want to include more, you can go up to 60 minutes, we just recommend less because you'll be more likely to watch and share it more often.

Plus all of the footage is included on DVDs so you'll always have everything to view if you want to.

Rebekah said...

I didn't have a videographer. I kind of wish I would have, but really, I really don't think I would watch it all that much. I prefer our professional wedding album. That package sounds awesome! I've never heard of that before!

Kate V said...

Just want you to know I'll be getting drunk and hanging out with your Mom if that helps.

jennybusybee said...

That's an awesome service! Good to know about. We were actually planning on doing something similiar, just on our own. Investing in a few flip cams, and handing them out to reliable guests, and then coercing one of our friends who graduated from film school to edit it with his software :)

steph c said...

Oh my gosh. You just made my life. This is amazing!! I really, really want a videographer but it's just not in the budget.. basically, I just wanted video of the ceremony, toasts, dances.. the important things. I'm going to look into this more, but I think you just found me a solution!!!

Shana said...

what an interesting idea! I have never heard of this before but I will definently look into it :)

Saying I do said...

Steph! Let me know if you decide to go with them! I'd love to hear other bride's experiences. I'm so happy this may have helped you!

Jasmine said...

this sounds great! i love this idea! i'm definitely going to look into it more! we have a videographer included in our package at the venue... but i'm not impressed and i'm thinking about taking it OUT of the package. this is a great option! thanks for posting about it!

Unknown said...

That is AWESOME!!! Definitely keeping this idea in mind for my wedding!! There really aren't any videographers in my area, so it would cost way too much to ship one in... But because of this post, we may work it out... haha.

The Vintage Modern Bride said...

laura- i'd love to do this! how did you get a coupon though?

TheMrsT said...

What a great idea! I'll have to check out their packages.

Lexi said...

We were not going to have a videographer, but this is an AMAZING idea!!! Thank you so much for sharing! I can't wait to show my fiance this idea!!!

Karli said...

We did hire a videographer. I just couldn't imagine not having the most important day of our lives on video to reflect on at anytime. For brides who would like to have video but don't have room in the budget this is an awesome solution!! Such an awesome idea.