Friday, April 1, 2011

More Nightmares!

The results of Wednesday Wedding Poll -
Are/Did you having/have a videographer?
Yes: 31%
No: 38%
Haven't Decided: 31%

I got such a great response from this post about Storymix Media. If any of you end up using them for your wedding, please let me know! I'd love to hear other bride's experiences with this amazing service!

Saturday I had another wedding nightmare!! In it, everything that could possibly go wrong..did. I was self conscious in my wedding dress so I wore a black cardigan over it the whole night. (Klassy) Everyone in our band got sick, so they had to bring in another band who "happened" to be free that night (read: they were awful) and they only played African tribal music and top  R and B hits of today. While that music is certainly cool, it wasn't exactly what we had in mind. They messed up the father/daughter dance and just as it was ending, stopped entirely and asked if they could "try it again one more time from the top, and would I mind counting them in?" I looked at them and said "No..I think we're done here"

I forgot to set up a shuttle service, so everyone was stranded at our reception and didn't know how they were getting home. (Nevermind how they got there in the first place). I never got the Out-of-Town Gift bags together and didn't remember about them until half-way through the reception. My friends were so bored, I found them upstairs in the cocktail hour room hanging out bored out of their minds and not even at the reception!!!
Source

It was the type of nightmare that I could only just laugh about when I woke up on Sunday because it was just so over-the-top terrible. Luckily, I was getting up early that day so I could go get supplies for our Out-of-town bags with Chris' mom, so I KNOW that they are being taken care of!
Source
We went to Costco and piled our cart up with various "out-of-town bag" worthy items like bags of cookies, chips, candy, granola bars and water bottles. I'm not going to actually assemble the bags until much closer to the date because I don't want 40 made-up gift bags sitting around for 2 months collecting dust, but it feels good to have the bulk of the items purchased.

Have a great weekend! I can't wait to tell you about my night last night!

8 comments:

Mom said...

Well, at least you keep these nightmares in perspective. Just as long as your nightmares don't include Chris as a Knightmare! (Lol). And I can't wait to hear about lastnight.

Nicole-Lynn said...

Oh gosh you had me cracking up girl! Love that your band was playing "African tribal music and top R and B hits of today" lol So funny! I'm sorry you're having the nightmares. I had them for a couple weeks a few months back and they seemed to have went away for now. I hope they stay gone!

That's great you were able to get some goodies for the OOT bags! I still have to do that. Hope you're enjoying the last couple months of planning! Enjoy it as it definitely goes by so fast!

Heather said...

It's awesome you got such a great response about Storymix! While I definitely don't think it can replace a pro videographer, it sounds like an awesome service for those who don't have the budget to hire a pro! And way to go on picking up the out of town bags items. That was one thing that fell by the wayside with our long-distance wedding.

Sara McCarty said...

Wedding nightmares are totally normal! I had them for months leading up to the wedding. In the few weeks right before the wedding, they stopped. Weird thing is, after the wedding, they came back! Post-wedding stress was the worst! Everything was perfect at the wedding, it was so weird to still be worrying about it! :) Hahaha, I guess that's why it's a good idea to take a honeymoon immediately after the wedding to relax.

jacin {lovely little details} said...

ahhh... wedding nightmares. well, all i can say is they'll stop the second it's over and you might slightly miss them :)

Unknown said...

haha, this is hilarious! I had many many nightmares while planning my wedding. Like my MUA and hair stylist didn't show up and I had to walk down the aisle looking like a hot mess. I remember spotting my MUA in the crowd, stopped and told her to do my hair. I ran back down the aisle where I came from and started getting my hair done. hahaha. It was horrible.

On to the videographer. IT IS A MUST!! There is nothing better than hearing the sounds of your voice while exchanging your vows. Truly captures all the emotions.

Unknown said...

Oh boo! Wedding nightmares are the worst! haha! At least they get you to thinking of the things you might've overlooked! :) I have them now and again too...

The Vintage Modern Bride said...

i'm sorry you had a nightmare! i've been having them lately too. they're definitely not fun, but it's good to know when you wake up that it wasn't real.