Thursday, August 26, 2010

Engagement Photos!

Our engagement photos came in the mail on Tuesday night and I'm so overwhelmed by how many there are. I have to admit, it took me awhile to warm up to these. Maybe it's because we received about 400 photos so believe me, there are some photos that are not so great and won't be seen by anyone other than us! However, once I looked through them all, I discovered there were quite a few that I liked.

Chris and I got our engagement pictures done at Wagner College on Staten Island which was where we went to college and obviously, where we met. I was nervous about getting our pictures done because Chris and I had never posed for professional pictures before. I was also nervous about the heat and humidity; it was the hottest day of the week, and probably one of the hottest days of August! Luckily, it wasn't too bad while we were there from about 10 to 12, and most of our pictures were in the shade.

It was great to be back on Wagner's Campus, which served as the perfect backdrop for us. Wagner is gorgeous and it's no surprise that a lot of movies and commercials are filmed there. School of Rock was filmed there, many Law and Order episodes, this Brooks Brothers ad was filmed entirely at Wagner, as well as a ton of other stuff.  I would recommend Wagner for anyone in that area who needs to get great pictures taken, whether they went there or not. Our photographer, Jose, was laid back but professional. It was awesome to get to know him and how he works, since he'll be our photographer on our wedding day. He made us feel very comfortable. At times, he asked us to just walk around and act natural, so Chris and I reminisced about certain things we remembered while at Wagner. Like, that night during Senior Week that we found Matt sulking near the gym because he was sad we were graduating! (Haha, he's going to killll me). We took pictures on the oval, near Main Hall, at the entrance for our senior year dorm, in the parking lot, in the Union Building, on the union steps, and near Trautman Square.

So without further ado, I give you our engagement picture highlights!



Cause you know...this is what we do...run around on the oval holding hands....


This is easily one of my favorite pictures






WHY am I covering my ring here?!?!


Hello random man in background...photoshop time!

Hope you enjoyed them! From here, I need to pick a picture for our Save The Dates, and figure out what else to do with them. I'm thinking of creating our guest book with the pictures: any thoughts or suggestions on where to go to get that made?

9 comments:

Kitty Devita said...

These are awesome! I especially love the one with you guys facing the camera near the clock!

Try http://www.shutterfly.com/wedding/make-photo-guest-book.jsp for the book. I have had them make photo books before they are lovely :-)

Dining Detour said...

These came out great! You must be so excited.

Anonymous said...

Love. Them!!!!!! haha, I love the one right before your favorite, that Chris is leaning over you with his eyebrows raised, half looking confused, and half looking all smooth. haha. Such a Chris face.

We used blurb.com to make our photo guestbook, and I really like how it turned out (you can see it in a week for yourself, and you can be the judge!)

~Christina

Mom said...

I agree with Christina about the pic with Chris leaninig over you. I thought the same thing when I saw that pic-so Christopher! I love the one of you with your head against the brick wall but it's taken at such an angle that it looks like your lying down and I like the one of Chris at the crux of the tree with you in the background. I also like the one where he's kissing your neck even though you covered your ring. Nice job. Can't wait to see the rest. Hope Kate V isn't too disappointed that none of them are inappropriate! Lol!

jacin {lovely little details} said...

gorgeous!

Saying I do said...

Thanks so much everyone! We are very excited. Thanks for those guestbook suggestions, too!

Kate V said...

Mama Irene - YOU KNOW I was disappointed. I can't believe I waited all night for this. There are no jazz hands. There are no heart hands with kissy faces in the middle. There is no inappropriate making out, just cute adorable regular old making out. They look cute and adorable and normal and there aren't even misty backgrounds, making hearts in the sand or fake hobbies they only share for the camera (like glassmaking or looking wistfully at each other over pottery)!!!

L: Your hair looked really good! Congrats. It was really hot that day. I was a little worried for you but you pulled thru.

xoxo
Kate V

Anonymous said...

Another idea that my fiance and I are doing is put the pictures on the table number cards. A friend of mine did that, they placed a different picture on each table number card, they turned out wonderfully.

Anonymous said...

Delete shis text plz. Sorry