However, I had to make some changes for them to work with these flip flops.
1. I used a spice bottle to measure the circles rather than a spool of thread. This gave me a bigger circle to work with and resulted in a bit of a bigger flower.
2. I had to use 10 circles per flower instead of 6 in order for it to look full.
I bought green fabric that matched their dresses and layed it out on a large cutting board (Note: We bought something called batik fabric because it's the same on both sides. The flowers I made using non-batik fabric, didn't come out as colorful, and didn't look as good. Batique is more expensive, but it's worth it for good flowers)
We put them in rows of ten so we could visualize how many more we needed to make.
Next we needed to glue them to the flip flops. I found that the flowers weren't keeping the exact shape I wanted, so I first glued them to a harder fabric as backing. This made them keep their open shape. Then we hot glued the flowers to the middle of the flip flop. (I discovered later that the hot glue wasn't working, so I had to reattach these with Gorilla Glue in order to keep them on!):
And made a cute little decorated set of flip flops!
Then we tied the pairs together with a green with white polka-dot ribbon to add to their bags:
For me, I made myself a white pair in case I can't wear my heels all night (though I'm going to try!)
Don't have a picture, but it's the same thing in white!
I can't wait to see my girls wearing these the night of our reception!