Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Bridesmaid Dresses!

I can't believe it, but I found my bridesmaid dresses! They are Bill Levkoff, strapless (though anyone can add straps or a halter if they prefer) and are clover with a black band under the bust:


I think these with some cream flower bouquets, (or maybe some white calla lilies?) will really look pretty and I'm sooooo excited about them! I was completely amazed at how easy this whole process was. Molly came over to my house around 1:30 on Saturday and we had some good, quality Laura & Molly catching up time. Melissa came over around 2:00, grabbed some food and then we hit the road with my mom and headed to Bridals by Sandra, where I am getting my wedding dress.

When we got there, we looked through their selection and pulled a ton of dresses that we were interested in. The woman that helped us, Jackie, was extremely helpful and attentive. She put all our dress selections in a dressing room as we pulled them. Once we had a ton of dresses set aside, we went back to the dressing room where Molly and Melissa tried on one dress after another. We narrowed it down to three dresses we liked: a grecian style dress with really neat knotted straps and knotted band under the bust, and a plain V-neck dress with straps that came down and knotted under the bust. All three of us kept coming back to this Bill Levkoff dress. It fit them the best, it looked great on, and to top it all off when Jackie brought us the color swatches for each of the three dresses...the green options in the other two dresses just weren't exactly what I was looking for.

I cannot believe how easy that was and also how confident I am in these dresses for my bridesmaids. Somehow this turned into the easiest part of the process so far! I expected to go out at least 2 more times after this. (Dare I say I'm bummed I won't have more research or entries on the great bridesmaid dress shopping hunt?!) As we left, Molly mentioned that she had hoped she could get to see my wedding gown while she was there. My mom went back to the dressing room to find Jackie and asked her to bring out my dress so I could show Molly. She brought it out and then she said "do you want to put it on?" OF COURSE!! So we shuffled back into the dressing room where I got to model my gown for Molly. It was so exciting putting the dress back on again, I'm just eager to see how it will fit me when I actually have it fitted correctly to me.

To round our out day, we went back home, picked up my dad and headed out to dinner at Bellissimos Italian Restaurant in Allentown. It was an exciting day full of family bonding, Molly/Melissa/Laura bonding, great food, pretty dresses and another check mark added to my checklist!

Reception Hall: Check
Church for ceremony: Check
Wedding Dress: Check
Photographer: Check
Wedding Band: Check
Bridesmaid Dresses: Check

What do I do now?!?!

Wedding Pic of the day...so cute!!:

3 comments:

Molly said...

Yay!! That was so much fun :)

Kate V said...

YAY! This dress is truly flattering...very nice. It seems like the kind of color all your bridesmaids will look great in. And praise JESUS for the below the bust band...you can eat whatever you want! I hate drop-waist bridesmaids dresses...never flattering.

And kudos to you for not deluding yourself into thinking the girls will ever wear it again...thank god a bride who knows the reality of being a bridesmaid! Your bridesmaids are so lucky!!!

:)

Anonymous said...

We are so excited you chose our dresses. Your bridesmaids will look gorgeous!!!! Best of luck on your wedding.

Hallie from Bill Levkoff